Cleancult was built to fix all of the dirty problems with cleaning. By making natural cleaners that actually clean, with ingredients you can actually understand, in the first ever paper packaging in the industry (milk cartons rather than plastic bottles), Cleancult is redefining clean. Named an IAB Top 250 Consumer brand in its first year of launch, Cleancult is positioned to be the quickest growing ‘better for you’ consumer brand in the country across retail, DTC, and Amazon. For every customer who joins the Cleancult, we’re removing over 44lbs of plastic from the world.
About The Role
The VP of Growth will be responsible for Acquisition, Retention, and CRM of Cleancult’s direct-to-consumer channel. They will be responsible for revenue growth and all things acquisition and retention – leading and scaling our customer acquisition efforts across all paid and non-paid digital channels. This is a core leadership role and will be responsible for leading a team of three digital growth managers with specialty in search, paid social, and affiliate. Success will be measured by your ability to grow brand awareness, deepen customer engagement, acquire and retain customers, hit and manage growth and revenue targets, and deliver unparalleled insights while not “micro managing”. This role will be able to manage profitable growth and understand payback periods, unit economics, profit and loss and cash flow of their channel.. The role will be based at our beautiful headquarters in New York City at Cooper Square and will work directly with, and be a part of our Executive Leadership Team.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Creating, executing and evolving a strategy for acquisition and retention across all digital marketing platforms.
- Defining customer acquisition goals and own execution, analyze performance and inform decisions for how, when, and where to spend our marketing budget.
- Develop methodologies for allocation and optimization of budgets and bidding to drive up sales volume and drive down customer acquisition costs.
- Creating and managing our coming multi-touch attribution model.
- Planning, executing and leading paid campaigns with our growth team on various paid channels, including SEO/SEM, paid social, display, video, referral, direct mail, affiliate, retargeting and more.
- Testing and thinking outside the box with new channels — we don’t want simply tried and true. Let’s explore new territory online and offline growth channels to test.
- Analyzing and reporting on marketing KPIs (ROI, CAC, CVR, etc), tracking performance and taking remedial actions as appropriate.
- Owning the relationship and collaborate with external agency partners, working to ensure they’re aligned with our overall business strategies, goals and are driving results.
- Work with internal creative partners, generating briefs and helping to drive the development of campaign assets, promo plans, and creative launches.
- Overseeing the retention focused cleancult e-mail program, managed by an external team, and building automated drip, segmentations, and marketing campaigns.
- Create and project manage testing of creative, landing pages, and audiences to improve conversion and scale campaigns efficiently and also execute testing plans for new/emerging ad formats and channels.
- Work with our Full Stack Engineering and Digital Product team to improve on-site conversion via landing pages, sign-up flow, A/B testing and cart optimizations.
- Scrutinize and analyze all ongoing initiatives and strategies, reacting appropriately to pivot spend and capitalize on opportunities.
- As an executive team member, partnering closely with the Executive Team to develop and drive company OKRs and overall strategy.
- Ready to join one of the quickest growing consumer brands in the USA, ranked as a top 250 Consumer brand in its first year of launch by IAB, and become a true leader in the field, with our team, and with your direct reports.
- A full stack digital growth marketer with a B.A. and 6-8+ years of leadership experience in growth, acquisition, CRM, Retention, and email growth in consumer e-commerce companies and a proven track record of scaling growth.
- You’re highly analytical with the ability to turn insights into actionable changes that optimize performance.
- A working knowledge of how to navigate our data platforms: Periscope & Mixpanel, SQL is a plus.
- The ability and skill set to understand and request high level reports based on your needs.
- Analysis of detailed & high level analytics generated from our own internal tools and big data analytics platforms. Our focus and data includes: Churn breakdown by cohort, sales & velocity by product category as it relates to acquisition channel, AOV and LTV health per channel.
- Well versed in performance tracking and measurement tools with expert fluency in Google Analytics; ability to manage large datasets and perform both qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Are a strategic thinker with the ability to build innovative marketing campaigns, combined with tactical ability to execute simultaneously against multiple competing priorities.
- Have a natural ability to collaborate well with others across the organization and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced and highly-fluid environment.
- Familiarity with offline acquisition channels is a huge plus.
- Are decisive, action-oriented, and able to motivate, inspire, and lead cross-functional teams to leverage resources effectively.
- You’re comfortable wearing many hats and overseeing both strategy and execution in the beginning as we operate lean and equally excited to evolve your role and build and manage a team as we grow.
- Have a strong drive for results, with the ability to manage independently and take calculated risks.
- You leave your ego at the door and are a good human being with a bend towards empathy and a deep care about the impact you have in the world and among the people around you.
- A positive attitude and sense of humor – we can take ourselves seriously here at cleancult, but often don’t like to.
Compensation & Perks
We offer competitive start-up rates with access to substantial equity upsides and an opportunity to work with executives from top companies including Method Products, Babyganics, Candid, Google, Barkbox, and more.
- Working directly with a full stack, fast, and world class web development team that handles, manages, and can execute quickly.
- Working off a completely custom web dev built on Django and Next JS which allows us complete flexibility, management, and ownership of the customer experience on the front end and back-end.
- A competitive salary and equity options.
- High-quality cleaning products – an unlimited amount!
- Benefits and flexible vacation policy.